Monday, March 2, 2009

A Bit of History


I'll try and make this brief as I have been sitting in this cafe using the wireless for around 3 hours now, I'm definitely getting some strange looks. I'm happy that I have finally got around to creating a blog, I should have done this a year and a half ago! I'm full of amazing travel stories and information of the countries I have already been. Perhaps if I find the time I will do some posts on some of my experiences of my past year and half. I began my travels in New Zealand, then after a month went to Samoa. I spent two months living in Samoa where I was taken in by a village and worked in return for my hut and food. I surfed all over both islands of Savaii and Upolu, but if i was to write about all that now it would take up about 5 pages! After my time in Samoa I returned to New Zealand for around 5 months, buying an old car (pictured above) and cruising around both the north and south islands surfing. I then returned home for 2 months to save some money, doing everything from reception work to washing dishes on a mine site. After a grueling 2 months I flew back through Samoa for a few weeks then onto California for a week. After staying with family in San Diego it was onto Costa Rica for my cousins wedding. I stayed in Costa Rica for a few months working as a surf coach. Then I traveled down to Panama and up to Nicaragua. I was then offered a job on a mega yatch so returned to Panama and sailed on the tail of hurricane Omar for 6 days to Tortola, British Virgin Islands. I worked a month on the boat then left, and couch surfed my way around the British and US Virgin Islands for a few more months. I then took a one way flight to Puerto Rico where I have been living and surfing in the town of Rincon for a month. As of Wednesday I am off to Dominican Republic. Phew that was a lot of travel details condensed into a few sentences! Over the next few weeks I will try and post some past journal entries and photos from some of my favourite countries!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tia,
    You sound so great and I love hearing from you.... Your blog is great. Keep it up dear.
    Love,
    Aunty,
    Holley

    ReplyDelete