Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hola!


Note to self, don't take the red eye flight again. Also be wary, LAX airport lines are a nightmare. I spent the flight sandwiched between two elderly Costa Rican ladies. One spoke no English but rambled away to me in Spanish, while the other had smuggled in her own supply of small hotel style bottles of whiskey. They both proved to be great in flight entertainment.

The bus ride South made the plane seem comfortable. It was full, very squishy and for the first time in all my travels throughout Costa Rica, it was unfriendly. Two small children spent the entire four hour trip crawling over me, and after a while my heavy camera bag held tightly on my lap began to weigh a ton. 

The bus driver barely stopped to let me off. Everyone on the bus seemed rather irritated that we had to stop at all. I fell while trying to climb down the bus stairs, and landed flat on my ass on the side of the road. The driver angrily dumped my suitcase next to me and took off. While trying to collect myself I unfortunately stood too long on a big pile of fire ants. They climbed up my pants and all over my arms, leaving me covered in angry red welts. Thankfully I got picked up hitching into town by two lovely German guys. They bought me a beer while I waited for my friend to pick me up.

Here is a short clip of the view from a hill above the town where I'm staying. The view is insane, the surf is firing, the company is great, food is delicious and this country is absolutely stunning. If a long bus ride and a few fire ants is the worst that's happened, I've got no grounds for complaints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment