Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fun in the Gutter



Day two in the city and it rained. Rained that tropical jungle kind of rain. You see it coming like a big puffy grey thing, and in two seconds it starts bucketing down with a "I'm gonna flood everything" kind of ferocity.

I got caught out in the local markets, camera it tow. Had to hide in a store for an hour. On the way back I came across this kid having a roll around by the street curb. I asked the local fruit peeling ladies who he belonged to but no one seemed to know.

I tried to sneak up to get these pics but he noticed after a while. I gave him a pack of gum and a few coins, a small price to pay and he was happy. For me this picture below captures so much. That feeling of the rain, the heat, laughter... this water had to be filthy but he didn't care.

I saw a gutter, this kid saw a whole lot of watery fun










No comments:

Post a Comment