Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pictures for Presents

I've figured out something really nice. Lately there's been a few friends birthdays and I suck at buying presents, but I thought of a great solution. Why not put my camera gear to good use? I've found making promotional or sentimental videos and birthday photo shoots can make a really special and thoughtful gift. Only danger? It can take a lot more time than you think. For me the editing process, especially video, is a bit of a love hate relationship. It frustrates me like crazy, but yet there's something therapeutic about it. You can get lost in it for hours.

Here some work from two dear friends' projects. The first is a video for the very talented Annabelle Gordon. She makes beautiful, whimsical paper-cut artworks. They really have this magic about them.

The second is a shoot and video for my friend Larissa. She's a first time mum and started up a monthly get together support group for fellow mums and bubs called Teeny Greenies. Working with babies was a whole new challenge. Getting them to look at you is tough. At one point I had about four babies all crawling over me trying to grab the camera. I guess it made an appealing "click" noise, plus it's shiny!

Seriously though. Videos and photos, they can make people very happy. It's a gift I'm happy to be able to give.



To see more of Annabelle's work visit https://www.facebook.com/AnnabelleGordonPaperCuts?fref=ts


Photographer under attack!

Those eyes

Teeny Greenies. Visit https://www.facebook.com/TeenyGreenies?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment