Monday, December 19, 2011

Return to the Islands


This blog has been in need of some serious loving. It's been neglected like my pile of dirty laundry which keeps growing (hey it's tough living out of a bag sometimes). I found myself in an absolute crazy whirlwind getting ready for this trip, and it hasn't let off now I'm here.
For those of you just tuning in, here is on the beautiful North Shore of Oahu, famous in the winter for it's pumping waves and pro surf scene. The stuff you read in the surf magazines, it's all here. There is so much I want to write about, but sleepiness is wining me over, so I'll leave you with a few photos from my latest work purchase, a new Canon 7D, along with a promise to share with you a more in depth look into the North Shore surfing world.

Dave the fashionista. Protecting camera gear from the elements becomes an art form.

The girls out at Rocky's go hard.

Filtrate sunnies shoot. Photo courtesy of Dave Gregerson. 

A Haliewa sunset. 

2 comments:

  1. Tia you have come so far from when I fist saw you on the north shore. "As your photographer" it is fun now to see you as a photographer yourself. You are a wonderful model to work with. You are a great intern for me when I need you. You are also a great friend. I am so very proud of you and how much you have grown. aloha dg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave :) I couldn't have done it without my mentor!

    ReplyDelete