Thursday, April 19, 2012

Island Daze



I. Am. So. Tired.

But time on the internet is like gold. It's been days since my last visit to Port and business needs tending to.

My eyes are trying to close while I'm writing this....

Today on the island was dreamy. We woke our seven Peruvian guests at the dark hours of morning. Together we swam by the light of headlamps across the swollen river to reach the far edge of sand bar. There our boat waited to take us to the island.

We surfed all day. I'm back at Port now dropping the clients off after a week at camp. Two new ones arrive tonight, then it's up early for a 4am boat launch.

But it's worth it. All the sleep deprivation. The bug bites. Because sometimes everything aligns and this is what you get. Waves. Perfect waves.




No comments:

Post a Comment