Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Bad Apple




Ok fellow mac owners, I need your advice! I've always been a PC lover but late last year I made the swap to a MacBook Pro for work. So far things have been ok. After a few initial navigational issues we were finally starting to bond. Until now that is, you bad apple.

I use my Mac pretty much every day for work. The problems started a few weeks ago. I checked emails in the morning, folded down the computer, left it in a safe place and returned after breakfast. When I returned and reopened the computer I found one whole side of the screen cracked. Just cracked all on its own. Everything else on the computer is in beautiful condition, there is no sign of trauma or impact from being dropped. Also now sometimes when it's charging the static is really bad. Kinda makes my hands hurt and tingle.

So ok, I have a faulty product. My one year warranty will cover it right? I spent everything I had on this computer and it's only about 6 months old. Wrong. The apple store told me they will not cover it, it will cost $900 to fix and I have to go to Rio (I'm in Peru). Great. I've been scouring the apple website for someone to contact and email for advice but I can't find anything. They only leave a number to call and when traveling in a foreign country that is easier said than done. When you fork out $$$ for a supposedly quality product, you expect the BASIC level of customer care right? I'm really disappointed. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any advice on what I should do next? I'm looking online and seeing there are many reports of MacBook Pros having this fault. This seems to be a problem in the design.

Bad. Apple. Seriously.

Otherwise in perfect condition. No sign of bumps, scratches, drops ect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment